[Dailydrool] Jersey

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 05:21:48 PST 2011

Jersey has a tendency for developing cysts so I go over her from nose to
tail every couple of weeks and know every lump and bump on our old girl. We
took her to the vets during the holidays because she had a cyst on her
ankle balloon over night and we were quite worried about it. While we were
there I showed him a couple other cysts that I've been keeping track of on
her other feet even though they haven't changed at all and he was actually
more concerned about them than the huge one on her ankle. One of the other
cysts is kind of between her toes and the other one is starting to grow down
toward her toes and he said that those two will eventually give her some
problems and make it difficult for her to walk. If they get too big he might
have to amputate a toe or two to remove them so we aren't going to wait for
them to grow and she will be having them removed now along with the huge one
on her ankle and possibly one on her belly. Our poor old girl is going to
have three very sore feet for a few days and probably look like frankendog
for a bit. I don't know why I'm more worried about her having this done this
time than I have been in the past. Maybe because she's just that much older
now than she was a couple of years ago when she had to have a mastectomy for
what turned out to be a fatty tumor (thank doG!). Anyway, she will be having
the surgery done on Wednesday so I'm going to ask you to sling a little
drool in our Jersey's direction. I have a feeling that we're going to have a
miserable few days here and I know the humans in this house will be very
relieved when this is all over!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & the Pita, Ginger