[Dailydrool] Jersey

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 18:10:56 PST 2011

Our Jersey girl is home after what turned into a long surgery this
afternoon. She's still sleeping off the anesthesia and has three very sore
paws but our vet was able to remove all of the cysts without having to
amputate any of her toes. The good news is that he's confident that all the
little masses were totally benign cysts and nothing to worry about which is
always a huge relief. Now, if any of you have some suggestions about how to
get Jersey to leave her paws alone without having to put a cone on her, let
me know. Right now I can move her head away from her paws but tomorrow when
she's awake, I'll probably get a warning or two and then she'll start to
snap so I'll take any suggestions I can get! We really don't want to resort
to a cone if we can avoid it.

The other Houndettes are much younger than Jersey and they've been very
concerned and quiet since Jersey came home. Jersey is the queen here and
rules with an iron paw so I think everybody is a little out of sync with her
being down and out. They've all sniffed her and she rumbled as usual but
they seem to understand that Jersey doesn't feel well and are being very
considerate. Even the Pita Ginger is being careful around her right now.
I'll be glad when Jersey is back to full roar and even the Pita is acting
like her normal self!

Anyway, our girl is on her way to recovery and I'm a little calmer than I
was yesterday. We just wanted to thank all of you for all of the good wishes
and drool. It helps a lot!!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & the Pita, Ginger