[Dailydrool] Cat Box issues and Separation Anxiety

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Sun Jan 9 16:30:07 PST 2011

Since the gang share the house with 3 kitties and love their kitty snacks
(Yuckkkk!)
I had to come up with a solution to stop them from enjoying these delicacies.
My

solution was to give the kitties there own room that is gated off.  The pressure
gate
is raised about 6" off the floor, just enough for a kitty escape and enough to
prevent
basset invasions.   The litter box is a small but tall storage bin that works
that prevents
snacking in case the bassets invade the room.  The kitties have not problem
using the box
(which is placed in a corner between the wall and cat tree) and the bassets are
too short
to enjoy their left behind delicacies.

As for separation anxiety, I still am a fan of the Anxiety Wraps, which GGBR
still carry.  I also

have found that Melatonin 3 mg/day will help smooth out the most anxious bassets
in most
cases.   Lavender and a hot water bottle work wonders as well.   I also love the
"Through A

Dogs Ear" CD's for helping quiet the gang and new fosters especially when momma
needs
some peace and quiet.  (I am no way involved with this company but love CDs
which even calm me.)

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang