[Dailydrool] This and that

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 06:21:46 PST 2011

The DH was sweet this morning and let me sleep in. Well, until the
Houndettes came back inside from their first morning outing. He left our
bedroom door open and I woke up with Suzy diving under the covers to warm
up. Then Shadow jumped up on the other side of me and Jersey plodded up the
stairs next to the bed and started fluffing the DH's pillow. Then came the
Pita....errrr, Ginger. She's a wild woman in a basset suit. As always, she
had spent the night in her crate and was ready to go, go, go. This morning
it was her mission to see who she could irritate the most into playing.
Everyone else was content to snuggle in for a few more minutes to warm up
but she can be pretty relentless. Once she'd gotten snapped at by all the
other Houdettes, she started on me. Pawing, licking, trying to shove her
nose into my mouth. No more sleep for me!

All of the Houndettes like to snack on kitty cookies here. We finally got a
swing gate with an opening for the cats from one of the local pet stores.
The opening is actually pretty small but Shadow, who is very small, and the
Pita Ginger, who is very large, both managed to get through it. The DH
finally attached a piece of plastic over the bottom of the opening so the
cats could still get through but, hopefully, none of the hounds. It's really
been pretty funny. Ginger will back up into the room across the hall and
hurl herself at the opening to try and get through. I'm waiting for the day
that she gets stuck but it hasn't happened yet.

We've been voting daily for Bob the Dog at Bissell and Ozark Mountain Basset
Rescue. The directions at the shelter site says to give a one word answer
for the animal that is shown. Try that and you shouldn't have any more
problems voting.

The Houndettes send drool mixed with prayers from me to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy and the Pita, Ginger