[Dailydrool] Dog food website

Kathleen Jones klj at efn.org
Sat Jan 15 20:39:16 PST 2011

While I'm not a fan of most Science Diet foods, their prescription diets are
well-researched & can be literal life-savers for dogs where a condition
warrants that particular diet.  Our little Taffy, a Westie/Fox terrier mix &
member of the late Variety Pack, was on Science Diet I/D for 15 of her 16+
years, both canned & usually dry.  She couldn't tolerate supplements or even
a bite of  ANYthing else.  We wouldn't have had her more than a year without
it.

Bentley Basset got K/D the last couple of years of his life & blood values
stayed stable without going into full fledged kidney disease.

The fat levels in a well-reviewed duck & potato diet that my one little
Spaniel with IBD needed would have killed Taffy & vice versa.   Web sites
don't see the blood work & biopsy reports. Go with what works for your dog.

Kathleen & Maestro (I keep telling you!  CHEEEZE!)
his little Cavalier brothers
(w/Henry Wadsworth & Bentley Basset & the Variety Pack, all now ATB)