[Dailydrool] Greiving :"JB" after 12 years

HarrisonGrp at comcast.net HarrisonGrp at comcast.net
Sat Jul 2 00:25:08 PDT 2011

Folks,

If you remember 3 weeks ago today JB's companion for 12 years and a family member succumb to throat cancer while I was in the hospital. For ongoing family drama in 2011 look our name up; your bound to see our family portrait. On crisis after another, JB doesn't understand, he just misses his companion Kris. For the first week we were lost and hurt too. JB cried, looked all the time for Kris and his eating and bowel habits changed. Concern was rising. I turned to the DD for answers. I received answers on a daily basis. JB responded to most of them. He has calmed down and is not crying, howling, baying, or searching for Kris. A vet product "Relyince for calm / anxiety" seemed to help but I can't find it anywhere, except the vets. We haven't given it for a week now and it has been 3 weeks since our Kris has found the Rainbow Bride. JB is now sleeping where ever he wants, but he still follows my wife around into EVERY room of the house. Not so much me. He will accept a brushing but not a great deal more. He is her dog!

Now is our (my) question; are we (me) trying to replace Kris or get another companion for JB, me or both of us and is there any thing wrong with that?. A Quandary! As with one, their family pet can not be replaced, but I also miss Kris's companionship more than I have ever missed any other dog  that I  have grown up with. I would be happy to hear from anyone that cares to share their input regarding this matter either directly with me or indirectly, as it is a sensitive and is often pain for for some to discuss. I personally don't believe in a suitable grieving period. That is for someone to determine on their own. The suitable resolution for our family is the goal. It has been 3 weeks today.

Wee would very much appreciate your input. Keith, Rhonda, and JB.