[Dailydrool] thank you drool family for being there

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 20:42:14 PDT 2011

I know this is not a list for human medical concerns, so if anyone wishes to contact me off list, it is most appreciated.  I have hit the brick wall in Mom care.  I know I could have done better, I suppose, to spend 24 hours to supervise the staff and let our hounds be 100% ignored, especially over the boom boom howliday weekend when two were completely freaking out.  First, shortly after Mom got to the hospital, she developed a stage two bed sore.  They tried to blame Assisted Living, but AL had Mom upright and out of bed all the time, and  despite that the hospital said they are prolonged in development, I have learned they can pop up quickly.  Mom is now in another facility, and I don't know if her being guided there was in her best interest, but a combined scare tactic and manipulation of the staff at the hospital.  The EMTs who delivered Mom to the rehab were unaware of this in her chart, and the hospital conveniently omitted it, the bed sore.   And when I called for documentation, they blew me off, refusing it.
This is long, not basset related, fun or happy, but, in a good way, our plan is to make an apartment for mom in the house and get private nursing, so I guess my question is, once someone is in the system, do they ever release them??  She was transferred to a rehab, aka, nursing home, but I have made no commitment yet, as it is undetermined her outcome.  I wish it to be respite care, and bring her home to be with her family and hounds ( and a nurse of course, for at least a lot of time).
Jr. is so cool, so smart, he has learned to break through another secure barrier, just to be with me.  It is not a dashing door hound, but he is just a dashing hound, and he is teaching me the importance of being with  him.  He is my BP medicine, better than wine, and he keeps me warm (sis likes the ac cranking, and my menopause is no longer flashing, so I am freezing a lot, but I realize her thermostat has a lot to do with her cancer treatment)
Yikes, wasn't once life pretty simple??
No use living in the past, marching forward, and I hope I am able to do the best I can.  I have  money for some rescues from the tee shirt, Pounds for hounds, sale, and this will get done soon.
My sister released Mom from her earthly life a couple of days ago, Mom she didn't accept it.  I still don't have the words for it.  I was approached by a fellow in the hospital parking lot today, a biker, dog lover, Jesus "freak", telling me of Tiger, the dog in Purgatory giving out roses.  I am not overtly religious, but this spooked me, as I had an extremely emotional day after, and I can't tell who is in Purgatory, me or Mom.
Did I say today my hounds make my world.  What would I do without them?
Sorry for anyone sad, puzzled or just plain not quite right.  I apologize for posting this, but since I have realized of late there are some more well informed than I, I am reaching out.  If am inspired by Sandi in her care for Pat, and I don't wish to diminish this, and another who wrote of her guardian care.
I feel very used and abused, and even my sister was shocked at my out burst at the social worker to whom I said, I don't believe you, etc, etc, and I finally hung up on her... called a few others.... got the system, I thought better, .... and then was still shaking that my sister said, Wow, your hands are shaking...
Jax