[Dailydrool] Miss Angela goes visiting

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Thu Jul 7 10:02:26 PDT 2011

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela (currently curled up under the desk here) had
little problem during fireworks season.  The neighborhood
sounding like a war zone disrupted neither her napping nor
her eating.  The other 8% of her time, she didn't seem to mind
either.  Since we began the current heat season, she spends
the bulk of her time (as do I) in the airconditioning and under
the ceiling fans.  She does spend more time on hardwood or
tile than on carpet and she has made it perfectly clear that she
would not like the usual covering to remain on the leather couch.
She changes position frequently to find a cooler patch of floor
or couch.  She also spends much more time sleeping on her
back.

Tomorrow, I am off to the Adriatic for a couple of weeks with
friends (who, other than being Red Sox fans, are very nice folks)
I am packing my Yankee hat and tee shirts.   Angela is going off
to stay with Uncle Chris, Lucille the alpha doberman and Ella
the bipolar dalmation.  She will get more exercise there and that
is a good thing.  She had a vet appointment yesterday to get her
eye pressure checked  (we can't be having glaucoma here until
Kansas passes medical marijuana--which may be decades) and
a few shots.  Dr. Cathy gave Angela the same weight talk that my
personal physician gives me.  She reminded me that if your dog is
too fat, you're not getting enough exercise.  Still it is hard to go out
walking when it is so hot.  Upon my return, I resolve to go back to
our old routine of daily walks even if my employer wants to stay on
the couch.

I bought a flat of lantana this spring to plant out beside the water-
fall.  Miss Angela enjoys the lantana very much.  She has eaten
almost all of it.  She doesn't like the hibiscus, the pigtail begonia,
the grapes or other flowers, just the lantana.  Curious.

Bill (drool to those in need and comfort to the mourning)
Angela (What?  I'm getting sent to Chris'? Not Ella again!)
.