[Dailydrool] Calling all knitters

clara at spiritone.com clara at spiritone.com
Sun Jul 10 18:57:39 PDT 2011

There is a knitting pattern designer named Peggy Gaffney who designs
dog breed sweaters. She currently has 1 basset pattern, which I have
knit, so know she does nice work. I am a Facebook fan and e-mailed her
to ask if she'd ever considered a book with a variety of basset
patterns.  She has done this for a couple of breed, but has single
patterns for many breeds.  Anyway, she got back to me and said she
hadn't thought about it, but the biggest issue would be getting
pictures on which to base the designs.  I assured her that I could
provide lots of pictures, but also had a connection through the Drool
to a group of people who might be interested in providing pictures. And
guess what!  She has started a file for a basset book.  She's working
on a book project right now, but will start thinking about a basset
book.  If you'd like to see her patterns her website is

http://www.kanineknits.com/kanine_knits_knitting_patterns.htm

Feel free to check her out & let her know if you'd be interested in
providing pictures or getting a book, if it ever gets published.

I knit one of her sweaters and donated it to Oregon Basset Hound
rescue this year for the raffle at the OBHR Games, this Sunday, July
17th in Woodburn, Oregon (plug, plug).  for knitters, this would be a
great fundraising opportunity.

Adrienne Gillespie, Fiona, Lucy