[Dailydrool] Tolerant husbands

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 11:41:19 PDT 2011

I have to say, I love my DH. Yes, I know most of us do love our significant
other but some of them are just a little more special than others and I'm so
fortunate to have one of the special ones. I'll tell you why. Our Suzy came
to us at about five months old after having been stuck in a crate 20+ hours
a day with a bark collar on. Needless to say, she had a few issues but the
biggest one is that she would pee and poop in her personal space and wallow
in it. That's what she knew and no one had ever taught her anything else.
Of course, we couldn't crate her after what she had been through so we made
her a bedroom in a full bathroom that is off our family room where the other
houndettes sleep at night.  Well, it took us quite a while to get her so
that she didn't make a mess in her personal space anymore but, in the
meantime, we also found out that she is incontinent of urine. Today, the DH
and I were talking about how bad we feel about having to make Suzy go to bed
when we aren't here so she doesn't have an accident in the house and he said
that she's such a good girl that the accidents just don't matter because
it's something that she just can't help. What a good guy he is! I just don't
know too many men who would be as understanding and tolerant of that sort of
thing as he is. Like I say, I am blessed to have one of those special guys
in my life. We're celebrating our 39th anniversary tomorrow and I'm hoping
to keep him around for another 39 years!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger