[Dailydrool] Lori Lu

TERRY MARSHALL terrymarshall at wildblue.net
Mon Jul 11 16:06:45 PDT 2011

Two years ago this month I went to the Petro Truck Stop to pick up a senior
basset girl I agreed to foster for Chris Dowd. Little did I know that that
poor skinny hound would still be here and ruling the house.
Lori came with kennel cough, tapeworm, ten pounds underweight, and a mess.
After a couple of trips to the vet, she was well enough to be spayed. No
problem. About six months later a big bump appeared near a teat on the
abdomen, so to vet, and surgery to remove the cancerous growth. She bounced
back from that, and did fine for a while, until she came up with
spondolosis. So Vet man's wife is a vet also and does acupuncture so Lori
gets treatment once a month. That is helping her get around with little
problem. Even with all the problems, she is the matron of the house, no
fussing on her shift. Reminds me of Elder Clara keeping everyone in line.
Lori is the queen bee, has her own spot on the bed, and whines to be put up
there, no matter what the time. Brat.
She taught me what drool really is, none of the other hounds in the house
drool, but she does. Lots.
If you ever get a chance, consider adopting a senior hound. Lori is now ten
years old and going strong.
Terry and the houseful of dogs, home to the Rio Trio, Ms Lori Lu and all the
others.