[Dailydrool] Veggie Bandit & Photo Contest

Susan Fulmer susanbfulmer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 19:54:12 PDT 2011

I should have known better.

Really.

A two foot tall fence to keep out a bandit with 6-inch legs.

What was I thinking?

Eli loves vegetables.  Tomatoes, red or green.  Eggplants.  Cucumbers.
Carrots.  Even romaine lettuce, it seems.  The only thing I think he hasn't
tried are the hot peppers.

Eli loves veggies so much that tonight he stopped mid-poop to run after the
bug-punctured tomato that my husband threw at the compost pile.

He plucks the veggies right off the plants and has eaten what would have
been my dinner on more than one occasion.  So we put up the fence.  It
took Eli 2 days to figure out how to get over the fence.  I didn't see how
he managed it.  All I know is that suddenly he was standing in the middle of
the garden smiling and the top of one section of the chicken coop fencing
was bent over.

On another note, I submitted a goofy photo I took of BaRCSE rescue (and
happily rehomed) Cletus for the animal rescue site shelter challenge photo
contest.  You may have seen Cletus's cute videos.  It's a photo caption
contest this time-- funny fluffy photos.  Droolers are clever, witty
people, so I need your help with a clever, witty caption.  Here's the link
to my photo...
http://wildfireapp.com/website​/6/contests/135360/voteable_en​tries/25669365
I appreciate your help!

By the way, I've been keeping my eyes out for other basset pictures in the
contest, but haven't found any yet.  Has anyone else submitted one?

-Susan & Eli (they are my tomatoes)