[Dailydrool] Snoopy Update

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 15 13:35:51 PDT 2011

Hi All, momPerson here,

Well, Snoopy has TWO more days until he gets his Natalie back.  Wow, that's
going to be something.  Today at the dog park there were two little girls and he
romped and played with them.  Snoopy LOVES kids ... especially little girls.
All of the neighbors kids love Snoopy ... when we go on walks they all come out
to meet and greet.

He did SO well at the dog park today.  He ran and played and Ahroooo'd .... but
not too much and not at any one dog.  There were a couple of people I've never
seen before and they weren't nervous about Snoopy so I know he is doing much
better.  One lady told me she was amazed ... he is like a different dog than the
one I brought there in September.  Oh .... but there was one thing ... and this
is a riot.  There were a pair of bloodhounds there today.  Snoopy entered the
park and Ahrooooo'd to announce his arrival and the male bloodhound came
CHARGING over and came down into a full play bow.  Snoopy Ahrooooo'd again ... I
think he was trying to teach his cousin to Ahrooo ... but his cousin didn't know
how to ahrooo so he played bowed and danced in circles around Snoopy and wanted
to play with him soooooo bad.  Snoopy wouldn't though .... he won't play with
hound dogs who don't at least try to ahroo.  There were some little dogs
(terriers) and some big dogs (labs and shephards) and some interesting dogs
(somebody died their dog blue) ... about 20 dogs in all.  Snoopy ran and played
and socialized and ahroooo'd and Cyrus ..... played ball.   And then we came
home.

I love the garden stories.  We have a garden.  Years and years ago we put in a
dog run on the far side yard to use as a garden ... it's sole purpose is to keep
dogs OUT.  Our Sugar Magnolia would eat everything in the garden if we didn't
(and dig out the rest).   She ate our peaches and apples too.  Sweet Maggie went
to the bridge many years ago.  Cyrus doesn't dig and never ate fruit or veggies
(until we got Snoopy, now he eats bananas and all kinds of stuff) so over the
years many of our veggies have made their way into flower beds in the backyard
because that narrow side yard gets a very limited sun window.  Snoopy doesn't
dig either so this year my tomatos and cucumbers and summer squash are all in
flower beds out back ... with peppers and the herb garden, more cucumbers and
blue lake string beans in the side yard dog run (which has never, ever had a dog
locked in it, even for a second).  So far only tomatos and blue lake beens are
ripe, and we've had no issues.  I wonder what will happen once the girls get
home from camp and start grabbing stuff off of the plants and eating it right
there ... I'm thinking once Snoopy sees that it'll be game on.  We'll see.

Drool to all in need ... and a timely miracle for Bob the DOg if you please.
Sorry to hear of the passings to the bridge, we always shed a tear and then
remind ourselves of my mom's (may her memory be for blessing) favorite saying
which was "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Best,
Dale
With Snoopy and Cyrus crashed out on the futon together after our outing.