[Dailydrool] Great News for Buster

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Mon Jul 18 19:47:18 PDT 2011

Just wanted to let everyone know the progress on Buster. The Orthopedic surgeons at MU Veterinary Teaching hospital sent a fax to my vet saying they can fix Busters leg. Woohooo!!! This is awesome news my vet was not sure anythig could be done.
The cost of the surgery is normally between $3000 and $3500 but the doctors said they will give us a big discount because we are a rescue and will reduce the expense down to $2000.00 this is a wonderful gift to help Buster live pain free, right now he yelps when he tries to use his bad leg I know it must hurt him.
A couple of Droolers are helping this computer illiterate Basset Rescue mom figure out a fundraiser to help with the surgery cost. One Drooler Brenda Waldrop from San Diego has made a beautiful necklace we are going to raffle and another Drooler Claudia O'Neil made us a gorgeous quilt to raffle but my computer broke down so I feel uneasy starting a raffle until I get another computer. So fundraising is on hold right now.
In the meantime, I will make an appointment with MU tomorrow to get his pre surgery visit and pray that somehow we come up with half down needed to get it done. The vet says Buster has Angular limb deformity and they need to break his leg in two places and twist the bone around backwards and then plate it to heal. It will be so nice for him to be pain free. Ever since he was born this poor Basset boy has been miserable. With eyelashes scratching his eyes and this bad leg. His eyes are fixed now so we have to figure out how to get his leg done!!! Poor baby!!
I will keep everyone informed as best I can while I steal computer time from friends and neighbors. I lost everyones email addresses and all my information that was on my puter when it crashed on me last week. I am taking it to a computer geek I know to see if he can retrive anything for me this weekend. Drool to all in need. sling some find donations drool for Busters surgery this way if you have any to spare. Thank you!
Chris Bly
Western Missouri Basset Rescue, Inc.
http://wmbri.org