[Dailydrool] Help re basset and baby

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 24 08:41:59 PDT 2011

Hi droolers
I wonder if you can offer some expert basset advice? I had a call this afternoon
(in basset welfare capacity) from a lady who is worried about her basset who has
been growling now and then at her toddler daughter.  She had the basset quite a
few years before the baby was born.  There has been no biting, but she is having
to keep them separate and obviously this is causing a lot of stress and strain -
any advice please would be greatly appreciated - ways of making the basset more
accepting of the child and situation, how to deal with it, etc etc.  By all
means email me privately -
Many thanks

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB