[Dailydrool] Jane Basset

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 15:39:06 PDT 2011

Thank you for letting me get to know Jane Basset. I have always thought that
was such a wonderful, dignified name for a Basset. So often we call them
silly names, like Warf. But Jane sounds as if she were dignified and fine,
and now I feel that I know her a little better. I would have liked to have
met her. Maybe I did and have let the memory lapse, and if so, I am sorry.
Not for Elizabeth, but for me, because it is my loss.
I wish, too I had known what an extraordinary Basset our Mitchell was before
he was fading. What a handsome dog he was. He and Jane might have liked each
other: she was a lady and he, a true gentledog. I miss him every day.
Appreciate what you have when you have it. You won't have the exact same
thing ever again.

Sweet blessings to Jane Basset and her family.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper