[Dailydrool] Miss Angela is back at home

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Tue Jul 26 08:41:01 PDT 2011

Bill here,press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Well, we're back home at Casa di Diva.  I had a nice trip to
Croatia and Montenegro (the good news was the gorgeous
coast, the bad news was heat equal to what I left in Kansas)
and Angie had a tolerable stint at Uncle Chris' house with
Lucille the Alpha Doberman and Ella the bipolar Dalmation.
She was SOOOO glad to see me when I picked her up and was
a velcro dog for the next few days.  The heat has been so intense
here that we seldom go out, just languishing in the AC and under
the ceiling fans.  It did cool off to 98 yesterday so that was a
break and we spent some time in the yard.

I returned to find the hibiscus plants around the backyard
waterfall in full bloom so Angela got her calendar picture taken
clambering around on the rocks.  Still, it is hard to get her to stay
out for more than a few minutes.  She prefers to be on the couch
with her hindquarters closely pressed to mine, enjoying the AC
and insuring that I have not abandoned her again.  Dr Cathy will
approve of the vacation because she lost about 2 pounds while
with the other dogs.  I on the other hand gained more than that
from the great food.  And beer.  And beer.  And beer.  The heat
made beer seem like a necessity.

In a month or so, the community college where I do some
adjunct teaching will resume.  I have 12:30 classes two days a
week so I will drop Miss Angela off at day care on my way to
school and pick her up four hours later.  That should help her
activity level and her weight.

We send lots of heat-induced slobber and drool to those in need
and look forward to cooler times.

Bill (A quiet day..Angela is at the spa)