[Dailydrool] Drool & stuff

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 11:34:22 PDT 2011

Well, Miss Cleo is at the vet again today. She just had her yearly shots
Saturday and she was fine yesterday morning, but last night she didn't want
to eat, she didn't want any treats, AND she wouldn't take her pills wrapped
in cheese! Now this girl will stand on her head for a piece of cheese, so I
knew something was up. I tried to look in her mouth to see if anything was
stuck in her teeth but she wouldn't let me close to her mouth. So this
morning, I carted her off to the vet to check out her mouth. He can't find
anything amiss. He said her front lip was a little red but he couldn't find
anything else. He said he had been trying to entice her to eat some canned
food & she wasn't going for it. Then it occured to him that maybe it was the
Cushing's meds. They hadn't gotten in her 60mg caplets by Saturday & I was
out that day, but they had 10mg caplets so I asked if I could give her 6 of
them to make up the 60mg dosage. He said that would be OK. But now he thinks
that maybe that many caplets made her kind of sick. And I thought that if
she might have felt sick that she might associate the smell of the cheese
with her feeling sick; heck I don't know. I'm picking up her correct dosage
this evening when I pick her up so I'll give it a couple of days to see how
she feels before we do any bloodwork or x-rays. I always get so wiggy when
one of my babies is sick!

Debbie- So glad Sister Daisy is just a lumpy girl!
Cathy- I think Beverly's advice was top-notch about Buster T. Frecklefeet.
God, these things are so difficult! You guys are in my prayers!
Drool to Probert's family & drool to everyone in need.

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."