[Dailydrool] Help! Save me from the evil slaves

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:56:19 PDT 2011

This is Miss MacKenzie, pawing in from North Carolina.  I'm starving,
absolutely starving.  I'm beginning to waste away  (or was that waist away).
 Anyway, everyone just loves to comment on my gorgeous curvaceous figure.
 The princess slave tells me that if there was a "Jersey Shore" for basset
hounds, well, I'd be "Snookie".  So, what do these slaves do?  For most of
the past year, the Mom slave has tried to cut my food.  I've trained the DH
well and he always uses the big scoop and not the little scoop.  I continued
to grow (the more to love, don't you know).  The vet lady was not too happy
with me.  So.... the mom slave found a new food.  It's quite yummy.  Then I
read the label.  It's a "Senior" food.  I mean, REALLY,  I'm only 3, just a
wee lass (well maybe not a wee lass, but a young lady).  They give me a
scant 1/2 can in the morning and 1/2 can at night.  The other two bassets
get their regular food.  IT'S NOT FAIR.  Send snacks, send more food.

Mom Slave here - I've tried everything, changing dried food, changing wet
food, but I realized that as long as the DH got to put the dry food in the
bowl, he just couldn't give her less.  Now she's getting only wet food
(Merrick Senior) and she's starting to look slimmer!  She's actually awake
longer (looking for food) and running more.  It's going to take a while, but
she's got to drop 20 pounds!  (More would be better).