[Dailydrool] Further Cleo News - pretty good...overall

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 12:10:13 PDT 2011

Well, Miss Cleo didn't poop out the foreign object, but they were extremely
pleased that she DID poop. They did another x-ray & the dang thing is still
there. SO, what they are now going to do is a barium procedure, where they
give her barium & track it with x-ray as it goes through her GI tract,
intestines, colon, etc. Doc said what they would prefer to do (and I like
her way of thinking) is since she seems to be doing better and has had no
other symptoms, if this barium procedure shows a clear tract all the way
through & no blockages, let's just keep an eye on it and monitor it. The
other vet, Dr. Gardner, said she hates to do surgery on an otherwise healthy
girl if it's not needed. I think I would much rather do that & have her
x-rayed from time to time than risk surgery. She said the barium will also
give them a better indication of whether whatever this is, if it's in or
outside the stomach. Sheesh! Please keep the drool coming.

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."