[Dailydrool] Sedatives and a heart murmur

A. Woodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Sat Jul 2 14:25:27 PDT 2011

If the vet gave you the sedatives for Cooper, then I would think it would be
fine to use them if he needs it.  Two of my three dogs are very afraid of
storms, so once it starts raining or if I have a little pre-warning, I give
them VALERIAN, it is an herb that is very calming, you can buy it at any
drug store or health food store.  My girls just go to sleep and ignore the
storm, it works very well for us. Every now and then I end up giving Anna
some valium (from the vet) when it's a super doozy of a storm and the
valerian didn't calm her, but it doesn't happen often.

	"My Super Cooper  is very afraid of loud noises. During a recent and
fortunately rare thunder storm I thought he was going to shake his
toofies loose. I have some sedatives to give him for the fourth but I 	am
concerned because he has a heart murmur and I worry that it might 	not
be good for him. Any advice for me?"