[Dailydrool] adopting

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 13:06:12 PDT 2011

Well said.  Foster homes and furever homes are always needed by basset
rescues.  As a foster home, all the thanks I'll ever need or want is the
look of happiness of the dog's face and the family's face at the adoption.
It recharges my batteries so to speak.

Years ago a wise man that rescued dogs locally told me when fostering to
think about that third dog down the road.  Don't think about your current
foster or your next foster - think about that dog that needs a safe place
but the shelter doesn't have room (the third dog down).  I will say that it
sounded strange the day I heard that.  Seventy foster dogs later - I
understand it much better. Of the 70 fosters, we only failed 4 times
adopting two seniors (atb) and two puppies.
Jan & Lady (who suspects her momma might fail again...)