[Dailydrool] Fur Whooze The Bell Tolls

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Thu Jul 7 15:08:49 PDT 2011

Nap Time. Being GateGuard is hard work up here at the Bridge. Now lets see---I need my sleeping mask--stars little bright you see--plump up the ol memory foam perch---hmmmm---decision time---what position to nap in today--4 in the air? 4 on the floor? 4 out the side? Yes--4 in the air. why since I came to the Bridge I can do that--no pain in my back you see. Elder Clara now in position, ahhhh--now how sweet is this??? Snore time.
Hold it. I must be dreaming. My tail is being grabbed at. Why there it is again!
Now let me tell you--this better be important to wake a woman from her nap. I take off my sleeping mask, my heavens my eyes are playing tricks on me. That looks just like Auntie Pat-----and then I hear the chuckle--my DOg---Auntie Pat is here at the Bridge--and lookie the spring in her step-those knees working  full time, she says Clara--I snuck right in the gate--why dont look so suprised, you know that I belong at the Basset Bridge, not the People Bridge---bassets were my life and my after life too. Now  that I am young again, and can run and play, well--look out- I will be just like all of you here---
Elder Clara is just sputterin---tears flowing down me snooter--and then I had a think. I get on me celler phone.
Fey Fey--Elder Clara here--load up the buffet---Auntie Pat is here--you know we will be rocking at the bridge tonight--yes--yes--I know--okay--yes--please--send them on.
Well---about the time it took to wag my tail there was a rush--the howl was on--King Nick was leading the song, and my goodness-there were Red Bay Hounds coming at full speed, and Auntie Pat hugging and each and every one--and there were LOTS of them---why she has been Head Hound of the Red Bay's for about furever you see----so Elder Clara stood back--the reunion was on, so many names, why I could never remember them all, and my goodness, there is no mistaking the family resembalance----
Oh Dear--lookie there--Elder Clara better help--we have a little one trying so hard to get thru the pack---- Elder Clara lifts up little Quigley and hands him to Auntie Pat----tears of joy and love are flooding out the gate-----oh my---what a time here at the bridge--so much happiness--so many puppy kisses--
What?? Auntie Pat is hungry???
Fey Fey has all your special favorites!!! Pot Roast, Chicken and Dumplings--yes--nice soft hot bread---and just for you Auntie Pat--Chess Pie made by Auntie Sandi--thats right--Chess Pie---miracles do happen at the Bridge you see--

Your cloud?? Yes maam!!! Got a special one just for you--right there in the center of Red Bay Road-- 22 Red Bay Road, in the middle of the action, and of course we have a new telescope installed---we know you are watching Auntie Sandi close, she is sad, but she has many arms of comfort wrapped around her. Watch her close, and you can guide her from the Bridge--she will do the right thing we are so sure, you leaving has been so hard----

Now the Red Bay Hounds will lead the way--follow them and King Nick will show you to the buffet---Elder Clara needs a moment to gather the thoughts you see-----but all is well at the Bridge, Auntie Pat is here, looking mighty fine, no more pain.
One never knows what tomorrow brings, but Elder Clara can say that the circle of life includes all things good here at the Bridge---
That about says it all------

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake