[Dailydrool] dog won't eat

DIERKER j.mdierker at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 30 17:34:20 PDT 2011

I've never had a dog that wouldn't eat, but when I dogsat a lot, there was a little shih tzu that would come with her brother. She constantly refused to eat. I tried changing bowls, removing her collar so her tags wouldn't hit it. Tried china vs. metal. Elevated vs. flat. Tried putting the food on the floor with no bowl (that worked for another picky little one). Finally, I got on the floor, put my head down there and pretended I was eating it. She ate immediately and every day thereafter. It was just the first day that I'd have to do this. I think she just liked seeing me jump through hoops.
Janet, Yogi, Carlie Jane, Dolly, Bernie and Bunny