[Dailydrool] My Mandy

Jordan, Tina tina.jordan at trustmarkinsurance.com
Thu Jun 2 12:34:25 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I haven't posted in forever and just been a lurker for years now.  I am owned by Mandy and Sam, and they have graced the calendar for a few years, as well as made it out to many basset events in Wisconsin, Michigan and Illinois.  It is with a very heavy heart that I announce to everyone that after 14 years, Miss Mandy has now gone to the bridge.  Her heart was willing for soo long, but finally the struggle with her aging body finally did her in.  Over this past memorial Day weekend, she gave us the final sign that she was ready by not eating anymore.  So on Tuesday, June 1st, me and her dad sent her to the Bridge.  I know without a doubt that it was the right thing to do, but I will miss her just the same.
Mandy came to me in December of 1997.  She was 8 months old and with papers the ad said.  I had no idea of rescue really, but had looked at the pound a few times looking for a basset.  Well, I went to go look at her, for $100, since her owners were moving and couldn't take her with.  (whatever).  I was greeted by a sickly, underweight, spastic puppy.  She was not the image that I imagined having as a basset, but I knew I wasn't going to leave her there either.  So she came home with me that day.  A few months later, after massive ear infections and food related allergies, she finally became the basset she was to be at a year old.  Right around that time, I saw an episode on TV about the Great Michigan waddle.  I was hooked and booked :-)  We went just about every year after that.  She introduced me to rescue and many great people.
When Mandy was 9 years old, in 2006, she qualified for senior basset in the Michigan Waddle dog show, won that category and then took the show title.  I was so proud of my girl!  The judges, sorry I can't remember who it was, said that she won it because of the spring in her step and how she never took her eyes off of me, and seemed to smile the whole time.  During one of the Michigan trips, Mandy also caught the heart of Buddy, Alisa Garbricks baby that had Addison's.  He was smitten!  He was her boyfriend after that and then on :-)
I take great comfort that she is there on the Bridge with him now.
Thanks for letting me share :-)

Tina, Mom to Sam and Miss Mandy ATB 6/1/2011
NOTICE:  This message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain confidential,
sensitive, or protected information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
by telephone or by electronic mail and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof.
Thank you.