[Dailydrool] food and Vets

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 04:22:48 PDT 2011

No they are not interested in primarily making money. Not the majority. They
all went to Vet school because they like animals and want to help your pet.

 Where do you think all that hot-shot top-rated million-dollar equipment
that they learn how to use to help your dog comes from? Alumni? Not a
chance! Nope, dear reader, it comes from the high profile, corporate
headquarters of the biggest dog food companies in America: Hills, Purina,
Eukanuba, Iams--some of which are probably owned by the same company.
Push our product and here is ten million green pieces of paper to buy that
MRI unit, the new blood machines and a couple of scholarships, plus some
leftover funding for that Oncologist you need.
Push our product and here is your new Library.
What do you need in that large animal clinic this year? Heard about
stem-cell research going on with horses? Want to do some of that? Well, Mr.
Purina here has a deal for YOU.
So all through school these are the foods they use, the foods that put them
through school,provide their text books, pay for the equipment, send them
stethescopes and otoscopes and glaucomascopes (I cannot remember the proper
name but the doo-dads that measure eye pressure are EXPENSIVE).
And the drug companies do the same thing.

And when your Vetlette graduates, who do you think contacts her when she is
ready to go in practice? It's not SOLID GOLD, believe me. Nope, it's the big
boys. THAT's why those are the foods your Vet suggests off the top of her
head. These are the foods that put her through school, gave her school
equipment, plastered their name everywhere, fed your future Veterinarian's
dogs and cats for free (Oh yes!)
 And here's the kicker.
Thousands and thousands of dogs eat those products all their lives and do
just fine.

So altho the foods may be rated low by some, it also depends on how you rate
the food. Is it essential that my dog have carrots and potatoes in his diet?
I have a cancer dog living on McDonald's. I am pretty sure even Purina would
turn thumbs down on that one.
None of these foods are terrible. All of them contain essential nutrients.
Some contain better protein and better nutrients than others but to answer
your question NO your Vet is not just making money for himself. He is
promoting what has been promoted to him, that's all. GIve the guy a break
for heaven's sake. They don't go into Veterinary Medicine because they want
to be rich.

MomPerson who knows medical equipment does not fall like manna from heaven.