[Dailydrool] Joey Thompson

debbie jenkins homerandbob at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 13:38:42 PDT 2011

Mr. Thompson - after reading your post about your dog not behaving, I think
I can tell you what part of the problem is.... first of all, it sounds to me
like she is just being a normal dog that yes does occasionally get into
things. If you know she is going to get into what you call your trees, why
on earth would you leave her out there with them and have organic
fertlilizer pellets laying around? You need to watch out for your dog, just
like you would a child. You just don't leave certain things within dogs
reach that could cause them harm. I don't even fertilize anything in my yard
anymore as the dogs like to chew on the grass or the occaisional weed. It
isn't worth the risk. Who cares about some damned old plant or tree? My dogs
are my main concern. Why leave an item like an oven mitt within reach, you
know most like it is going to get chewed on. This is your fault not hers.

Secondly, if you try truly making her a part of your family instead of being
outside in her kennel most of the time, you just might see an improvement in
how she behaves. I don't think I would behave very well if I were kept
outside away from my family. Why even have her?

Thirdly, I am sure she is "smaller than most bassets" as you phrase it, you
only feed her once a day. That is NOT enough.

I had best stop here, as you can tell, your post did not set well with me at
all. Maybe the kindest thing would be to give her to rescue where somebody
can adopt her and love and cherish her as she should be.

Momperson to Sadie Mae (ATB), Homer, Bob and Zoe Jane