[Dailydrool] Naughty Bassets

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 13:41:20 PDT 2011

I would like to second the thought that the little naughty basset girl might
like a companion.  We have only had one basset for one month.  They do
better with a friend.  Ours have someone to talk to or cuddle with or
explore with.  Doesn't mean all naughtiness will cease.  Our first two were
litter mates that were gotten at different times.  The first one was
miserable by herself.  Together they were an awsome pair.  They slept
together, played, ate and yes, got into mischief together sometimes.  They
loved each other so.

The four we have now do not cuddle or love up to each other.  They will
scuffle once in a while and grouch at each other.  They also look out for
each other and make sure that all are treated fairly.  We love our bassets
and even the kitties are getting used to them.  I think they do better in
pairs or groups.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Julie with Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby, the wild kitty boys and Sassy,
Daisy, Sherlock and Sunny at the bridge.