[Dailydrool] Working from home

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Wed Jun 8 16:37:12 PDT 2011

Momma here, and as most of you know, I am at home working a great portion of the day. The gang is really very good with the morning schedule, the bowl, I leave, they sleep. Hmmm--I am out working in what ever weather and they are sleeping. Reminds me there is something wrong with this picture---but--once I am back in off the road, they all have a routine. Brudder Jake is my office boy, he has a dog bed in my office-which is upstairs-and he is the only hound allowed. Elwood is too over the top, Daisy does not do stairs. Brudder Jake is a good boy up there, and this is his special time. My only issue there is that Jake loves to howl and this big boy has a monster set of lungs, which sounds even louder in the hall, which causes Brudder Elwood to chime in. Explain that one to clients---geesh.
Now back in the day---Elder Clara was much like Morse--which was her true love by the way--and she took great offense at the in the office work schedule. If she felt I had been working too long--she moaned, she cried, she would even sit at the bottom of the stairs and bark at her total displeasure. I would stop, come down make sure she was okay, a few pats, and back to work. This would go on all afternoon with Clara, Now come quitting time--which she felt was dinner bowl time-she would sit and scream at the bottom of the stairs. She would then moan and groan, like there was a problem if I did not obey her first screams. The others were always gathered around her watching up the stairs, but they all knew that when Elder Clara spoke, Momma listened.
With Elder Clara gone, I now have Sister Daisy at the bottom of the stairs, she paws at the gate when she feels day should be done. Yes I do think Clara gave lessons here-now this could be a scary thought--
Working from home with hounds can present a challenge for sure.

Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake