[Dailydrool] ABC's Summer Fest

Shelly Gordon-ABC Basset Rescue merchandise at nybasset.org
Thu Jun 9 12:19:19 PDT 2011

Thanks to everyone that attended ABC's Summer Fest at its new venue this year! We had 23,000 square feet of indoor off-leash fun. The best part was when it was lightning and thundering outside. The hounds inside didn't care one bit! We had our most attended event to date this year and raised more money for the hounds at this event than any of our last 11. It was great to finally meet Jax and Walli from Long Island and famous "Prince Pierre".

I don't even think we needed any activities or presentations as most folks just loved watching the bassets run and chase each other. We had a black and white shit starter that ran around the room and the bassets started chasing. There are pictures and video on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/ABC-Basset-Hound-Rescue-of-New-York/164005706979977 Also be sure to look at ABC's van pictures! We will now be able to bring those bassets back and forth across the state and from out of state with one vehicle!

While on our Facebook page, take the survey about when ABC should have our event next year. Since we are inside, weather is no longer an issue. We are hoping to move it up several weeks so we don't interfere with weddings, graduations, family vacations, etc.

Thanks again to everyone who came out to the event and to everyone who supported us with pledges!

Shelly Gordon
ABC Basset Hound Rescue
www.nybasset.org
merchandise at nybasset.org