[Dailydrool] Sadness and Naughtiness

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 03:27:12 PDT 2011

There is so much sadness right now on the drool - we sling heaps of drool to Pat
and to all who need it right now.  Sandi thanks for keeping us updated.

There seems to have been a further decline in Morse's behaviour (for the worse,
of course). I hate to say it Debbie, but it seems as though it has got worse
since his love Elder Clara left us. Is it possible that this beastly behaviour
is for her benefit, as she is watching down from her fluffy Perch? He seems to
be on a roll.  Yesterday we walked through the cemetery and I swear he was right
behind me, and when I looked round he had gone. Disappeared.  No trace
whatsoever. I searched the top half of the cemetery, I searched the bottom half,
calling all the time. The second gate was shut. The entrace is always open
though.  After searching for what felt like half an hour (but in reality was
about 3 mins) I met a couple coming through the cemetery gates and asked if they
had seen a basset. Yes, they had seen him racing down the lane a few minutes
ago. My heart lurched. Why would he do that? Then a little light bulb flickered
in my brain. The only thing down the lane is the pub. The pub has a tub of gravy
bones for dogs. He knows that. Surely not......on arrival at the pub I walked
through the door (kept open in sunny weathter) and there he was, bold as brass,
butt planted on the pub carpet staring with great intent at the little gap in
the bar where the barmaid appears with treats. The barmaid informed me that they
had run out of gravy bones however, and that she had to fetch him some ham from
the kitchen.  He didnt even have the decency to turn as I walked in!  He
certainly didnt want to leave:

http://tinyurl.com/6kgje5e

A villager cheerfully informed me 'you can't ever leave now - we haven't had as
much entertainment as this for years!'
This is also a short video from yesterday - he has taken to stealing my boots
when I am wearing them.....

http://tinyurl.com/68w95hh

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB