[Dailydrool] Speedy

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 17:10:29 PDT 2011

These last couple of years have been quite quiet with Speedy. He spends his days lying in the sun or sleeping with occasional basset 500 rounds in the evening. Lately though he has been quite active. He has managed in roll in poop more then a few times, usually a few days after a bath.
Today's naughty act I discovered after I noticed he was sniffing something under the avocado tree. I know for a fact that we picked that darn tree dry so he couldn't possible have one. As I approached he gave his "I-am-so-threatening-yet-not" growl and ran off with it in his mouth. I didn't have to chase much cuz the thing torn off from all the bouncing.
The thing he had been sniffing was a bird's nest made of twigs, leaves, and fur. I am imagining this is basset/shar pei fur but I could be wrong. There was no baby birds (thank doG). And I still have no idea how the nest was knocked down. I'm watching him know with a close eye when he decides he wants to be outside.....

Nancy momslabe to

Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE

Ted (ATB)

and now Rambo