[Dailydrool] Speedy

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 08:57:48 PDT 2011

I took the week off one to go on vacation and 2 for Speedy's dental. Speedy has horrible teeth and goes in for a dental about once a year. This year the vet found a small tumor. I had noticed it before but taking 2 dogs, one acting totally crazy when at the vet makes me forget to point the obviosus out.

SO the vet found the tumor without me pointing it out. It turns out it was beign (thank heavens) and Speedy is here milking all the attention he can get. The vet says these types of growth is pretty common. I don't know if this is to make me feel better or if its the honest truth since I've never seen it or heard of this before. Not that I don't trust my vet but this vet was a different one then the one we always see. She also said Speedy was at a perfect weight and to keep up the good work - easier said then done.

Rambo went along with SPeedy to the vet for his physical. Rambo HATES the vet, he even took a bite out of my old vet when I lived in LA. This caused him to earn an undeserved reputation but I've been working with him. I've taken him to the vet to just hang out. We go at least once a month which isn't often enough but apparently has helped a little cuz this time they didn't have to sedate him to do his physical. I advise the vet to have Speedy with him and it did help as well. To me this was a tramedous victory and makes me feel that all that socializing is coming along.

Thats it for me. Drool to all in need -I know that there is a great need out there.

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo