[Dailydrool] Obsessed Hounds & ASTT Excitement

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Jun 15 07:29:13 PDT 2011

I laughed out loud with Bev's post about the possibility of dragons being under the shed. (I love dragons, gargoyles, & bassets)  But then I am thinking hey I've watched the Critter Ridder guy on Animal Planet and yeah he has pulled some crazy critters out from inside or under sheds, wood piles, old junk cars, swimming pools, houses (critters going through doggie doors) and yes he has pulled out numerous large lizards that are escaped or released pets...like Iguanas and even a kamodo dragon or two. Especially down here in Florida you never know what will end up in or around your house.  (raccoons, foxes, possums, squirrels, gators, black bears, lizards, rattle snakes, anaconda's and pythons, ferrel cats, the list goes on!!!!)  So yeppers I agree with Bev...get a professional critter ridder or your local wildlife rescue to come out and take a look under the shed for you.

While I was at work at Doggie Daycare on Monday evening the DH sends me a text "some1 puked up slimy tentacle. Yuck, gross. Octopus short 1. Save me!" I texted back..."your a PJ (Pararescuemen) Handle it.  Be home soon"  So I get home and DH is begging the dogs not to get sick that required going to the vet-hospital.  Apparently someone had cut the arm/tentacle off the stuffed toy octopus, swallowed it and puked it back up.  I say cut because it literally looked like someone had taken a pair of scissors and cut the tentacle off. So with his history of using his very front teeth to slice/scissor cut items to put a hole in them (like bed and toys) to then pull the stuffing out of and create himself a winter wonderland with the stuffing I would have to say the the culprit is none other then the BABB - Colt!  The octopus has now been put in the trash since 2 more of the tentacles had been 1/2 - 3/4 cut through.  We have been watching Colt for any signs of tummy distress, and haven't seen any.  He ate his dinner just fine that night and hasn't missed a meal since the Octopus tentacles and is acting normal...Okay Normal for Colt!

Drool to all the hounds & humans out there that are either sick of injured.
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Broters
Colt "That calamari didn't go down to good"
Ruger "Dumba**!"
Rambo "Why you mad at the octopus Colt? What he do to deserve having his arms cut off?"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...