[Dailydrool] Storms

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 07:29:46 PDT 2011

The last couple of nights it has stormed here at around 3 AM and not so
little miss Maggie, the terrified, has jumped in bed with us and shaken like
a Magic Fingers machine.  Poor baby.  Why does it seem to always storm in
the middle of the night?  She wants to lay on us so we have a 78 pound hairy
blanket.  I wish she would go lay on a boy.

Shelby has been peeing in the kitchen a lot lately.  She then tries to clean
it up.  I really have to watch.  I guess she feels bad.  We don't get on her
about it.  I figure she just forgets to go to the door until it is too
late.  Maybe she forgets where the door is.  She is such a sweet girl.
Shelby is a big water drinker.  We always leave water down.  I wonder if in
her previous life she didn't have water all the time.  She is like a mini
camel.

Sherlock, our only male, had a big overbite and crooked bottom teeth as
well.  He always drank with his whole snout in the bowl, right up to his
eyes.  He was messy.  The overbite never really bothered him.  He was so
cute.  When he was a baby he looked just like a lop eared rabbit.  He died
too young, only 10.  Sunny worried him to death, I think.  She was such a
mean girl.

We had Rowdy, not a basset, when we first got married.  She was a wonderful
girl.  Never walked on a leash.  Never ran away and loved spaghetti and
chili.  She was a mutt and had a severe underbite.  There was a bit of
bulldog in there.  One vet told us we should take her to a doggie
orthodontist and get her teeth fixed.  I didn't know there was such a
thing.  That never bothered her.  She lived to be 18.

We are sending drool to all who are ill or hurting.  Lots of chicken here so
lots of drool.
Snooters, Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby, with the mom  The kitty boys
have no comment.