[Dailydrool] gone trouting!

LOIS LEMA lemalois at verizon.net
Wed Jun 15 10:29:21 PDT 2011

last saturday was the annual livingston manor, ny trout parade!  this is the 4th year that mid atlantic basset rescue has "trouted!"    the weather was less than perfect this year for the first time...but that didn't stop our intrepid troops.

everyone gathered the trouting eve at buffalo zach's in roscoe for a great dinner...which has a nice outdoor porch & allows dogs!    afterwards we retired to the new command post in nearby cooks falls..a huge house with about 10 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, back deck, jacuzzi, dining room, huge kitchen & mega back yard & fire pit.  oh..& did i mention the stuffed groundhog?  odd but ground hog gus was indeed a new mascot for the weekend festivities.

saturday dawned cloudy & drizzly but we were able to assemble our float & march in the parade.  the local towns peeps cheered us..we got many than you's for coming...& people were as always very receptive towards us & the houndies.  our group was joined by some folks from the english setter brigade as well.  this years we had hounds from NY, NJ, PA & Canada!

the parade has grown to over 45 minutes & there are many new bands & groups..it is nice to see the event morph & change & to see that we are accepted as well as an important & loved part of it.

then it was off to our annual chicken bbq & more visiting.  beth adams did an awesome photo shoot again for those who were interested.  then back to the command post for a huge bonfire & then puzzles & tormenting groundhog gus.

it was a great weekend.  awesome bonding, much fun.  it is a small parade...very intimate, very small town...but i smile like i never smile any other time...

the hounds all got along great at the command post...no fights, no problems, nada.  & no one even ate groundhog gus..who i really wanted to take home with me as a future rescue mascot.

i heartily recommend anyone who needs a good mood boost come trouting next year...june 2012.  you won't regret it.

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."  Albert Einstein

"Antiquity"                @www blurb .com
"Tater Takes a Trip" @  www.blurb.com
"Passion...a journey"  @ www.blurb.com