[Dailydrool] Pat Update - Wednesday Evening

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Thu Jun 16 07:35:25 PDT 2011

Sorry this is a little late - got stuck in my outbox and I discovered the
glitch this morning.  I went to the hospital this morning --- status quo.

Not much change today. Spent time at the hospital this morning and again
this evening. They started two new antibiotics yesterday because the lungs
are not clearing and they gave her a blood transfusion because her
hemoglobin was 8.5. The doctor thinks the hemoglobin drop is a result of so
many blood draws and the dilution of so many IV fluids.
Today's xray looks slightly better but she is having thick secretions and
the lungs sound worse. It may be that the new antibiotics are beginning to
work and are loosening the gunk up in the lungs. They were considering
another bronchioscope today but decided to wait since the xrays were a
little better. Trying to avoid another invasive procedure. She has lots of
fluid retention tonight, although her output is satisfactory. More diuresis
is likely overnight or in the morning.
Waiting and praying.