[Dailydrool] Trouble Walking

Sue Spataro sue at pinksunrise.com
Fri Jun 17 05:42:23 PDT 2011

Hi : ),

My 12 1/2 year old basset Emma is having trouble walking due to arthritis
and a partial slipped disc. Right now, we have it so that she only needs to
navigate 2 steps to get out to potty and back. I noticed that her back legs
are weaker than her front, yet have front legs are getting weaker too.

I was wondering if anyone in this smart group, had any experiences and/or
ideas how to move a basset from the house to the grass to go potty without
walking to the site. I've tried various leashes to support her hip area and
they are not helpful.

Thanks for any ideas you would offer : ),

Sue : )