[Dailydrool] walking Bassets

shadedog at roadrunner.com shadedog at roadrunner.com
Wed Jun 22 15:01:49 PDT 2011

I too lurk but I now have something to say. I have had two Bassets for many years and I DO walk them on flexis very successfully. They have a purpose when you want to give them some drift in a more open spaces or on trails and when you walk them on a sidewalk you reel them in and lock it off. No problem. Better to get the ones with the tape rather than the cable so you can see it. I hate to be at odds with a fellow Drooler on this but you do need more than one opinion  and it's really up to you on which type of leash system works best. It is very important to train your dogs to walk at your side and not trip you up. It's not that hard and you can either go to group training classes or personal trainers and there are many resources online/in books.

Sue, Milo, Tracker and Shade(atb)