[Dailydrool] I sit and watch

Vickie Zehring bubadog at comcast.net
Wed Jun 22 20:49:04 PDT 2011

I sit and watch the puppies quite a bit.It is where I do my deep thinking.Their little faces stare at me through the exercise pen wires.In the morning when I change the papers I let them run around the family room,another exercise pen open and spread out keeps them where I can see them. I lay a blanket down and throw their toys on it,which consist of 8 little rope/knot things,a raw hide,an old cloth collar,and several plastic cups,oh and the socks tied in a knot. I crawl up on the dilapidated sofa to protect my feet from little teeth and watch them play. The black little girl runs head long into a plastic cup,and starts to run with this thing on her head.One of the boys watching her starts to stalk her ,creeping low till she runs into him. Several are content to lie on the blanket and chew the rope knots. One particular little boy with a large white blaze on his face comes to the sofa and wants to be up with me. Some others come over and want up but they soon lose interest and go rip up paper, but this guy stays put, he wants to be with me.When I talk to him he sits down and looks me in the eye then makes an even bigger effort to join me on the sofa.So,I lift him up and he lays on my chest licking my face,he is the most comforting little fellow when my thoughts are about situations happening on the Drool. He likes the height ,he can see all the other puppies,one comes over to see if he can get up with us and he growls but his tail is wagging,he is usually an instigator and attacks other pups but it is all in the games puppies play. Now and again the black male wants up with me when he is tired and wants to curl up in my lap. I appreciate their lovingness that they show to me. Sometimes I just sit and watch.