[Dailydrool] Changes in stool & food

erusselburg2 at aol.com erusselburg2 at aol.com
Fri Jun 24 06:56:26 PDT 2011

Hello all, I haven't posted in a really long time.  Just wanted to comment on the post about changes in stool.  I know that some time in the last year, Purina One drastically changed its formula. This was about the time they added the "soft chewy nuggets" to the formula, designed of course to appeal to our human tastes. . .but not many people want to give their dogs soft chewy food on a regular basis (not ideal for their teeth).

All of my dogs were on Purina One formulas; I'd fed them for years with excellent coats, no skin problems, firm stools.  As a breeder as well as a rescue person, I was in the Purina Pro Club and got nice incentives (in the form of cash back) for feeding Purina foods. When ALL of my dogs developed allergic reactions including skin issues and runny eyes, I wrote to Purina and got coupons for free food as their response. While a nice gesture, it didn't help the problem.

My dogs are now on a different food and all problems have cleared up.

Edy Ballard
Ironwood Beagles
GABR foster home