[Dailydrool] Fun video

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 17:56:05 PDT 2011

 One of the most fulfilling parts of rescue is watching a family fall in
love with their hound. Basset Rescue Crew of the Southeast (BaRCSE) has had
the absolute joy of seeing that happen over and over the past year and a
half since we have been up and running. We have a family who adopted one of
our younger hounds and they've been wonderful about sharing him with us and
keeping us up to date on how they are doing. For me, it's not just the fun
of watching the video and seeing this scraggly puppy turn into the beautiful
hound he's become. It's also the joy of watching this family fall in love
with their dog. Go to barcse.org and take a look at one of our many success
stories, Cletus. You can't help but smile when you see this hound playing.

The DH and I didn't have a dog for 27 years before Jersey came into our
lives. It broke our hearts when our first "child", our bagel Barney, died
and we said never again. Just like most families, the two leggers and life
came along so we stayed with our decision. Then five years ago, we adopted
our Jersey from rescue and started fostering. Well, the rest is history and
we now have the Houndettes and an occasional foster or two. I guess we're
making up for lost time! I know all of you are like us and know how much
love our hounds give us and what absolute fun having a pack of hounds is. I
keep on trying to come up with some creative, catchy way of letting the
world know about rescue and how desperately all our rescues need foster
homes and money. Well, I haven't thought of anything yet but I'll continue
to work at it. In the meantime, for any of you who live in the southeast and
have ever considered fostering a hound, please contact BaRCSE. There are too
many hounds who need to be rescued and not enough homes. We would love to
add any family to our foster home list who is willing to give a second
chance to a hound. Again, go to our website and fill out a foster home
application or please call us at (803) 658-8229. I'm doing phone duty this
month and will personally give you a call back and tell you how fostering
for BaRCSE works.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
VP, BaRCSE