[Dailydrool] What we love about those silly hounds

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Jun 29 09:27:31 PDT 2011

Hello my loving drool family!  With all the sadness on the drool lately I would like to propose a new feel good, awwwe moment thread. I would like to hear about your favorite thing that your hound does that is unique to that hound that you just love about them.  I'll start:  There are so many things that I love about my 2 bad a** basset brothers but here is what I think is #1 on their list of what i love about them.

Colt: he is my goofy boy, my snuggler.  But if I could only name one thing that I love about Colt it would be when he decides to get all freaky running a basset 500 by himself through the house, bouncing off the back of the sofa, spinning around on the carpet and leaving it in a pile and then ends up on laying on the loveseat with his head buried under the pillows barking like he is trying to muffle is exuberant barks.

Ruger: He is my more sophisticated, aristocratic hound but he to has his silly  momments, like food tossing.  I love it when he comes up for snuggles, & ear scritches and he gets so vocal with me when I am rubbing his head, ears and neck with both my hands.  He moans, groans, and just talks to me his pleasure of being rubbed down.

Of course as a pair I love watching them basset 500 around the back yard.  Nothing but furry blurs, flapping ears and white streaked tail tips.

Bonus: When I had Storm ATB I loved how he liked to be vaccuumed and how he danced for carrots and lettuce veins.  Still makes me smile and giggle
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt my clown
Ruger Mr. Sophisticated

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...