[Dailydrool] Two Toledo Bassets

melissa fenchel mibassetrescue at att.net
Thu Jun 30 06:48:41 PDT 2011

Their story was in the Toledo Blade Yesterday. I called the paper yesterday
AM and they said they had already had a huge response. I told them that
these two dogs were NOT to go into a shelter and that if no one came forward
to adopt them, we would take them (and we are Desperate for Foster Homes!!
Anyone??!!?). They said they were taking down names, addresses and phone
numbers and would call me if they needed me.  Christi found a very kind
gentleman in the Toledo area on FB who said he could foster them but couldn
t afford to adopt them. We also have a connection to a great kennel in the
Bowling Green area who MAY be able to help us (with this being a holiday
weekend, kennel space is at a premium). So they are currently NOT in any
danger of going to a shelter. I will let everyone know if I hear anything.

In the meantime, I got a call from another kennel that has had a 9 year old
female surrendered to them. They want us to take her. Last night I heard
from one of our veterinarians that a dog, Cletis, that we placed, was in
their care due to the owner being found dead.....maybe three days before
anyone discovered him. Poor Cletis was in the house with no food or water
and his dead owner during that time. The clinic reports he was dehydrated,
but other than that, seemed ok. As of right now I don't have a foster home
for any of them....there is one I will be interviewing today...so if you are
in Michigan and can help us out, we've been taking in a lot of bassets this
month. 2 are currently being treated for Heartworms.

Melissa

Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets
http://www.michiganbassetrescue.org