[Dailydrool] Door dashing

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 17:09:09 PDT 2011

Dale:
I have never really had a door dasher, but I read in OTHER END OF THE LEASH that a good way to get a dog that is loose is to do a play bow. You know the pose dogs go into when they want another dog to play, with their behinds up in the air and their front legs on the ground? Well, I don't suppose you exactly have to do that--especially in high heels--but something like it might work. You may look foolish to the neighbors, but that's a small price for getting your hound back.

Patricia McConnell tells of finding a strange dog lose on a highway and getting him off the highway by doing this. She had help, but it had to have been a really tricky thing. I think it might be easier in your own area.

I wish I'd had this tip when one of our fosters, years ago, got loose. I might not have been so terrified that I'd lose him forever.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets