[Dailydrool] why

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Sat Jun 4 00:16:31 PDT 2011

Bob and Mommy,

That is a good question and one I think only that particular rescue can answer.
I can give you some possible answers but only that rescue knows the real reason.
So I would ask them.  I know that there are some shelters (especially high kill) that do not adopt
out their animals.  Some shelters will only release to a rescue because of reason 1.  I
have to agree with you on rescues always being full and overtaxed with an added limited
funding.  As far as an easier to place basset, I am not sure there is such a thing in this
economy.

I know that GGBR tries to take in the basset most in need first.  So sometimes a basset can
be in the shelter for a while in the hope they are adopted.  I do know they are on the call
list if time is running out, if  the basset is physically and/or mentally deteriorating or it is just
a dire emergency.  Yes it does take at least a couple of days to find a foster home and
arrange the hound train. There are also times that because of transport issues that the
hound will spend a few days as a short term foster.

I do believe the ultimate goal is a Furever Home but sometimes the foster home  can
be the Furever Home because of age and/or health conditions and even foster failure.

I hope you or your friend does ask for the reasons behind the decision.

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang with our foster bassets,  Fabulous Freddie and Cooper
Please Visit Freddie's Cancer Treatment Fundraiser Page:
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/FabulousFreddie/golden-gate-basset-rescue-inc