[Dailydrool] Wonderful Northern California Resues

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 4 09:47:13 PDT 2011

Hi All,

momPerson here.  I just wanted to chime in with Karen.    Golden Gate Basset
Resue stepped aside and that is how/why we found Snoopy.

You see, Snoopy was in the county shelter in Golden Gate Basset Rescue's area.
 They knew he was there but he was young (shelter thought 3, really 5) and
charming and they figured some family might show up at the shelter looking for a
new friend and take him home.  And that is exactly what happened.  I never even
knew about Golden Gate Basset Rescue until AFTER we took Snoopy home.  Three
days later when the meds and the food started to kick in and he started to get
his strength back and oh BOY .... I realized we didn't know ANYTHING about this
breed so I contacted GGBR and got a page and a half long reply that helped us to
work through Snoopy's issues (food aggression, resource guarding, foot fungus,
moodiness, all kinds of stuff).  They told me they had their eye on him ...
hopefully watching and waiting.  Contrast that with a fine elder lady (12 year
old Rosie) who came into that same shelter and was gone the next day.  Karen
told me she saw the urgent Foster plea go out for her the second she hit the
shelter.  Different dog, different tactic.  I've had several contacts with them
since, joined the organization, and am going to a session on the 18th to talk
about siging up as a potential foster home in the future.

If GGBR had pulled my Snoopy I'd never have even met him and might have gone
home with a Rottweiller or something ... who knows ... we've never had a basset
before we were simply chamed by my most amazing Snoopy (tada!!)

The rescues here in Northern California have been doing so much for so long with
so little that they are now qualified to do anything with nothing.  And I
believe that's how it's working these days.  Simply Amazing.

Amazed momPerson