[Dailydrool] why

Pat Mayer lilygurl.pat at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 08:28:03 PDT 2011

   *Well I just have to speak up because I cannot stand seeing a rescue
group or anyone involved in a rescue get thrown under the bus without a
better explanation. ...I was the one who put T-pee's situation out there
because my vet called me about him.  I went and spent a half hour with him
and the shelter volunteers and the vet staff.  He is quite the survivor and
has a wonderful attitude and personality. He was seriously underweight
because the other dogs always pushed him aside. Thats why they were keeping
him separate and they knew this would be an issue for him if he was to
thrive.
The shelter itself is seriously lacking in funds and in bad shape.  It is
rural and they don't get much help.Recently they were alloted funds to build
a new one and finally be in a position to do better things in a area that is
just getting on its feet . My family has adopted two dogs from this shelter.
They are just struggling to help a bunch of  abandoned dogs because there
isn't any other facilty there that can. That being said..I posted to the
drool in the hopes that someone in the area that could handle T-pee's
situation, might be interested. By that night I had received several
interested posts back but GABR had already spoken. I had already mentioned
GABR to the volunteers at the shelter as a possibilty and I am guessing the
conversation between the two entities was satisfactory and the shelter
committed to GABR.  I've never ever heard a bad thing about GABR and would
never ever dream of throwing them under the bus just because things didn't
work out in an adoption enquiry. I also think its irresponsible to hint at
or suggest something sinister or dark is going on without being able to
present the facts.  It can ruin a groups reputation.  With all that being
said I think we should all get back to doing what this group does
best...being supportive of helping dogs find good homes and being suppostive
of whomever tries to accomplish that goal. And there is absolutely no doubt
in my heart or my mind that T-pee is in a better place than where he was
before.*

Pat Mayer

Drool to all in need.
Luv and Kissies too.
Pwincess LilyGurl ATB , Rudy- Protege to the pwincess,  and the rest of the
entourage