[Dailydrool] Obsessed basset

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at us.hjheinz.com
Tue Jun 14 05:57:07 PDT 2011

Sophie turns into obsessed basset once she catches the scent of
something.  I went through this in April with her under our shed.  There
must have been a rabbits nest.  She only flushed out one baby, but after
that baby was flushed she went into this obsessed mode like I have never
seen.

The worst part is that she, with the help of Schroeder, dug a hole
behind the bush in front of my shed trying to get to the scent of
rabbit, destroyed my Clemantis, and then would not stop wiggling her
body underneath the shed.   I spent a few hours with a flash light and
did not see anything left under the shed.  It took her a few days before
she finally stopped obsessing, but she had the same symptoms.  Panting,
barking, and then getting herself so worked up that she would then come
in drink water and beg to go back out again.

I'm going through this again now with a birds nest in a big patch of ivy
that covers a holding tank for well water in our yard.
It's not as bad as how she was with the rabbit scent tho....

So based on my limited knowledge, I would say there is something under
your shed.  I can't imagine that whatever is under it would still be
there after a few days of a barking basset, but the scent is probably
still there...

Love and drool to all,
Annette, Schroeder, Sophie, Apollo & Cash (Maya & Cassie atb)

This communication is intended for the use of the addressee
only and may contain information that is privileged or
confidential. If you are not the addressee, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or use of this
communication is prohibited. If you received this
communication in error, please destroy it, all copies and any
attachments and notify the sender as soon as possible. Any
comments, statements or opinions expressed in this
communication do not necessarily reflect those of H.J. Heinz
Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates.