[Dailydrool] peter falk

sfwill at aol.com sfwill at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 15:51:50 PDT 2011

he was my friend.  while i was at the cape this weekend, surrounded by loads of friends and family, i'm glancing at the local newspaper and happened to glance down to a tiny corner picture of him.  i instantly wondered, "what's he doing in the paper?"  (i've known for quite awhile that he was ill, so that it couldn't be for a movie or somethingi ndustry-related.)  then, i saw why.
i went into my room, sat on the bed and cried like a baby.  he is in a much better place now, i know.  but we were friends for many years and i am so sad.
when my friends saw the paper, they understood why i left the deck so suddenly.  when i came back, i did the only thing i could think of to salute him: i had a shot of vodka (which he always called "white water")
by the time i found gus, peter was too ill to understand that i had gotten myself a basset best friend.  maybe now he'll know.
susan, loving slave to gus